Thursday, October 28, 2010

In the "Thanksgiving Comes First" Category.

The two lane highway leading into the two and half horse time where the BR abode occupies it's spot of land is lined with, among things, Christmas tree farms. Early each December, the family BR makes a pilgramage to one of said farms for the annual cutting of Treezilla.

I snapped this photo on the way home today (click to enlarge):


At least three of these farms have their signs up already. Really? It's not even All Hallow's Eve yet, for the love of Pete.

At least they don't open until the day after Thanksgiving...

8 comments:

Love and Life said...

I know what you mean! I am already seeing/hearing Christmas commercials! Aaagh! Can we at least get through Halloween, let alone Thanksgiving? Drives me nuts.

Boss Mare Eventing said...

Have you been to the dollar store lately? Do you have those? We have this store called Dollarama and for 2 weeks the store has been %50 Christmas. They were packing up the Halloween stuff before it was even a week till the 31st!

Anonymous said...

I know it's early. But this year I already had a look through the Christmas decorations in the mall and I am already really excited. I can't wait.

Bag Blog said...

Everyone is trying to get their product out there before everyone else - crazy. Can you imagine buying a tree so soon? I can't. Well, we don't always have a tree, but then we are a bit strange. I do like Christmas music, though.

Andy said...

BR, I took a part time job at a Home Decor Store here locally once. It is a store that specializes in seasonal items, and is very popular.

Seriously...we began selling boat loads of Christmas Trees, and Christmas decorations in September. Really...by the tens of thousands of dollars worth a day.

I was astounded.

Suldog said...

I'm fairly certain you've seen this, but just in case you (or your readers) haven't...

http://jimsuldog.blogspot.com/2010/10/thanksgiving-comes-first.html

Buck said...

Yep. Thanksgiving Comes First. There's a meme EVERYONE should get behind.

Jessica Boyd said...

Ugh, drives me CRAZY. Okay, crazier, but still.

Can we get through Thanksgiving at least?