Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Protesting, Arizona Style

I found this video via Drudge yesterday. I won't debate whether it was staged or not. That's not the point of this post.

I'm a firm believer in the Second Amendment. I have a few firearms myself. I do not personally see the need for assault rifles, but if that's what trips your trigger, have at it. But that's not the point of this post, either.

Seems it's perfectly legal to publicly pack an assault rifle around in Arizona. Still not the point.

The point is the great amusement I took in watching these two reporters trying to get their minds around the whole thing. They were shocked!, shocked, I tell you., and are desperately trying to come to grips with it. The one states that he had never seen an AR-15 before. I would venture a guess he's never seen any firearm before.

I'm still laughing.

On a side note: Those two are wearing nice ties...I wonder if they sell any men's clothes where they got them.

4 comments:

Becky G said...

Did you see MSNBC's version of it? They cropped out the man's features, and claimed he was a white racist trying to fan tension.

Buck said...

Here's a link to the one from MSNBC Becky was on about. It would almost be funny if it wasn't so damned tragic.

Dave (aka Buckskins Rule) said...

I had not seen that version of the video. Sadly, I'm not surprised that some arm of our mainstream media managed to subvert the facts and turn it into a gun toting racist thing...

Daphne said...

Well, you know, black conservative men with guns protesting the boy wonder's policies just doesn't fit the meme of white liberals.

I think we should all walk around with assault rifles, maybe it would shut the mouths of these puling progressives and the bastards who serve them in D.C.