Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Did Anyone Get The Number Of That Bus?

This past weekend, the annual Washington State Horsemen (WSH) Convention was held in Ellensburg. I drove over for Saturday's meeting of the Gaming Division, to keep up on the rule changes, and renew my judges card.

Part of this was election of officers. After voting for existing posts was completed, it was announced that a new position had been created, West Side Vice Chairman. Brittany, from my group (Puget Sound Zone), shouted, "I nominate Dave!" The words were barely out of her mouth when Patty, from the Canal Zone chimed in with "I think Dave should do it". Was that two buses?

The vote was unanimous, and before I really knew what happened, I was a sitting officer of the division.

Of course, I didn't put up a struggle. As many of you are aware, I enjoy Western Gaming. I also believe in the philosophy of "put up or shut up". A few years back, before I became a member, WSH gaming in western WA ceased to exist. I'm told this was due to various disagreement's and infighting. Whatever. There is a strong push to revive the event on this side, but it won't happen if there aren't people willing to step up and make it happen. We have a good group of people over here, and I know we will make it happen.

4 comments:

BSOTF said...

Congrats! I love it when you don't run & get voted in for being a good person for the right job!

Bag Blog said...

Horse people have to be better than art people - don't they?

Buck said...

This sounds like Phase One. ;-)

Dave (aka Buckskins Rule) said...

BSOTF: At least I didn't get voted in without being there.

Lou: I don't know any art people, so I can neither confirm nor deny.

Buck: I hope you aren't correct.